Wednesday, November 12, 2014

#3 - Bird Ornaments

12 Days of Homemade Ornaments.
Birds...

If you like crafty projects,this one is definitely for you. Decorate these birds as much or as little as your heart desires. Guaranteed to be pretty!

For this project, I used a vinyl blind slat (you could use foam board or cardboard) and a bird template. I found one on the internet and printed it off. And you will need embellishments.

Trace the bird and the wing and cut them out.

Next, cover the bird and wing with fabric or pretty paper. I used a glue stick. Don't forget to insert a twine loop underneath the fabric or paper so you will have a hanger for your bird.

Now, decorate to your hearts content. The sky's the limit... 
Don't you love the little clothespins for legs. I had an old beaded necklace that I took apart and used for the eyes.






 Birds of a feather..... flocking together!
Birds!
***
I hope you were inspired! Thank you so much for stopping by
Thrift My House.

18 comments:

  1. Very TWEET ornaments, Sherry. You have been a busy girl! Those are darling- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a machine! Looking forward to your tree with all of these gorgeous ornaments. Sending this link to my sister as she made a basket with her slats but I know she still has some left and this may be the perfect project for her! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I adore these birds! My favorites are the ticking and sheet music ones! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. More adorable ornaments, Sherry! And I love the extra detail on each bird. Thanks for inspiring us. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These birds are fabulous! Love all the embellishments. Sooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I'm loving all your sweet and easy ornies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sherry, these are so cute. I created some similar and in my shop. You are so busy and the ideas are adorable. Love the last pic of all. I can see a small tree filled with these.
    Love it!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are just adorable! You are one creative lady! What fun posts...I look forward to reading them every day. Thanks for sharing your creativity!

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh... you've been so busy. they are super cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet Sherry. Cute little tweets for sure. Love how creative you are with these ornaments.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww those are just darling! Makes me wish I hadn't thrown away all of those old blinds from this house!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love them ALL!!!! But the music ones are my faves. :)

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Apart from the fact I think you're awesome, I would so love you to come & craft with me and make my place look all pretty and country for Christmas. So beautiful, I'm catching up on posts and I'm just love these posts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many different styles and they are all so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Precious! I am obsessed with birdies and sheet music, haha! Enjoying your series!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your bloggxx great inspiring wish I could get mine up and running pippa

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are entirely too CUTE!! Can I ask how you outlined them with the black? I also love that you used old vinyl slats for the base!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. If you are a new follower, please let me know so I can follow you back. I want to keep in touch.