Friday, June 13, 2014

2014 Summer Mantel and a Guest Post

I am so excited to be guest posting over at Silo Hill Farm!
 For those of you who don't know Danni, she is very funny, creative and makes the most amazing projects. Not to mention, she is so nice!

 Today I'll be sharing with her readers how I made this Beach House SignHop on over to her blog to see how I made it.

But, while you're here, I'll show you where I used the sign. 
It inspired me to create a Beach Themed Mantel this year.

 Nothing complicated... mostly thrift store items, ... and neutral colors.

My husband stopped by a field nearby and picked this rye for me.
Isn't it pretty. I love the color and texture this adds.

These succulents belong to my daughter, Katie. We usually keep these on the back porch. I'll probably replace them with some faux ones from Michael's. They love hot and humid conditions and hopefully that WON'T be the case in my living room. Ha!

I knew I wanted a banner but didn't have time to make one so I clipped seashells to twine. Done.

My very simple 2014 Summer Mantel.
Thank you so much for stopping by Thrift My House.
Don't forget to visit Danni over at Silo Hill Farm!

20 comments:

  1. Love the new mantel vignette and I adore that you put the trunk in the firebox. How fun is that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I {heart} your mantle! That is so very clever! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    Hopping over from Danni's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sherry I love your beachy mantle! Always inspiring! Thank you so much always bringing your A game and for guest posting at Silo Hill Farm today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your beachy mantel! Makes me want to go!! Fun sign too.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Came over from your guest post at Danni's. Love the sign on the mantel with the shell banner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the beach them and the sign is fabulous! I like the banner of seashells too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sherry,
    I just love it and I am hoping over to see your guest feature. Congrats. Love your beach mantel vignette.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Going over there now, that sign is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mantel looks fabulous, Sherry! I love the big bicycle & your beach sign...you did a super job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sherry, Your summer beach themed mantel is perfect. I love how you clipped the shells for garland. Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great looking summer display on your mantel! I love the sign you made. It really sets the tone for the whole mantel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just popped over from Danni's to follow along! Love your mantel and you sign looks awesome on it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sherry,
    Your summer mantle turned out beautiful. Love the mini antique style bike. Can't wait to see how you made the sign. Thank you for the sweet comment you left at Kris' blog. It is always so sweet to meet new blog friends.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    Ana @ A Petite Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stopping by to say hi, from Danni's. Your beach house sign is so cleverly easy and it looks so authentic. It fits right in on your beachy mantel. Love how you added the touch of rye, perfect! So glad you are back on the blog scene - Amy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your mantel. That bike is awesome. Great project over at Danni's!! :)

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  16. Saw your great sign over at Danni's too. Love the styling on your mantle, especially the cute shell banner, nice job !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your mantel looks fabulous. I really like the way you clipped the seashells on to make a banner. Cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE your mantel Sherry - and just got around this morning too seeing your post over at Danni's - that sign is just fabulous - you do the most amazing things!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great beachy vibe! I need to do a summer mantel soon... I'm glad we're connected. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Every time I see your mantles it's just eye candy! I have had my eye on a metal bike so I am so jealous. Thrift ing with you is on my bucket list! I love beachy, my husband grew up on the coast and my MIL still lives there, I never sleep better than when I get down there and start breathing that sea air.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. If you are a new follower, please let me know so I can follow you back. I want to keep in touch.