Tuesday, November 18, 2014

#7 - Mod Podge Ornaments

12 Days of Homemade Ornaments.

Mod Podge Christmas Ornaments...

I really like these! I'd love to make a bunch of map paper ones just to keep in a bowl all year long.

For this project, gather together some Styrofoam balls.

I inserted a wire stick into each ball so that I would have something to hold on to while I glued the paper to the ball.

I cut strips of scrapbook paper and then made tons of little squares.

I poured Elmer's glue into a bowl and thinned it a little with some water.  Then I dipped the paper in the glue and started covering the ball. This went pretty fast.

I sat them out on the back porch in the sun so they would dry faster.

I brought them inside and hot glued some twine for a hanger. And then I painted them with gloss mod podge to give them a little shine. I let them dry overnight.

These look really pretty and I'm so happy how they turned out.

 Ball+Paper+Glue=Pretty!
 Mod Podge Christmas Ornaments!


I hope you were inspired! Thank you so much for stopping by
 Thrift My House.


14 comments:

  1. Cute, Cute, Cute! Wouldn't those map ones be perfect in a teacher's classroom? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these Sherry! The map and music ones are my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like those! Loved seeing how you hung them to dry. Very clever. I like that you can basically cover them in anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ornaments turned out great...thanks for sharing this wonderful idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the final look of the homemade ornaments. What a great idea! I'm your newest follower, coming from Stephanie's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so adorable. I love your decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sherry, these are adorable. Love the papers. How great they will look on the tree. I can see some clustered in groups of three too.
    Thanks for sharing.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are too cute! :) I love the map one the most and the book page and music ones are a tie for my second favorite. Looking forward to tomorrow!

    Hugs, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh have balls, modpodge and paper...think I need to make some.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love these and I love the map one the bestest!! And...I have styrofoam balls. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sherry, I've just spent the past 1/2 hour going through your first 7 ornament posts, WOW! I sure cannot decide which ones I love the best! I am definitely going to attempt a couple of them. Thank you so much for sharing these great ideas! Looking forward to 8-12 :) Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think everyone likes the idea of the globe (map) Christmas ornament. Very cute and colorful idea.
    Ginene

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are just so darn cute! You really have a knack for crafting beautiful ornaments......Looking forward to the next ones!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. If you are a new follower, please let me know so I can follow you back. I want to keep in touch.