Tuesday, November 11, 2014

#2- Snowmen Ornaments

12 Days of Homemade Ornaments

Day 2 - Snowmen...

I hope you like these sweet little snowmen. I had so much fun making them!

 You will need: fabrics, embellishments, shower rings, 
hot glue, and scissors.

Cut out 2 squares of fabric per snowman. Place one shower ring on a square of fabric. Put a bead of hot glue around the outside edge of the ring. Now place the 2nd piece of fabric on top and press the fabric edges together. I used a mason jar ring to press down on the hot glue. It saved my fingers from getting burned.
 Now cut away the excess fabric. You will end up with a 
disk like this. Make another one and then glue them 
together to look like a snowman.

I made burlap ones too. I added an extra circle of burlap so the shower ring wouldn't show through.

Now comes the fun part! I used buttons, rick rack 
and fabrics to decorate.
I added sticks for arms.  Don't forget to make sure the 
back looks good. 
 All the same but different...

These are so cute! If I say so myself :)
Snowmen!
***
I hope you were inspired! Thank you so much for stopping by 
Thrift My House.

18 comments:

  1. very cute, i love them.. nice job..

    Gr Roos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little snowmen are so cute, Sherry! What I love best is that this is a great way to use up all of your odd, ends and scrap fabric!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, Sherry. You are on a Sweater Roll! lol They are darling and I love them all hung up together as a garland! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I can't wait to see your home dressed for Christmas! Have a beautiful day...Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so adorable and I love them all hung up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't stand how cute these are! And clever! I must make some of these with my nieces. How do you think of this stuff???

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are adorable Sherry ! I love them both, but the burlap ones are a little rustic and I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Sherry, these are adorable!! I love your ideas and creativity :) I think this weekend will be filled with ornament making for my son and me.

    Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well.. it just so happens that I just changed my shower curtain and rings yesterday ( to snowmen) ... you're snowman garland would be perfect in there ~ totally going to do this sometime this week. Thanks for sharing. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. OM Dog!!! Those are adorable Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sherry, they are amazing love love love them. I'm going to get some curtains rings asap. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are adorable, Sherry!! Love them!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sherry, oh how cute are these. They are adorable and look so good hanging all together.
    Thanks for sharing the steps.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so much fun Sherry and they have great butts too! Pinning

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh these are the cutest! AND....no sew!! You know I love that!


    ReplyDelete
  16. These are freaking adorable!!!!! (but I'm missing the balls....)

    I mean, from your last post. Ummhmmm. Yep.

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely adorable! I love snowmen & these are no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute, cute, cute! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. If you are a new follower, please let me know so I can follow you back. I want to keep in touch.