Tuesday, December 9, 2014

No Sew Christmas Pillows and a Blanket

How to Make NO SEW pillows... and a blanket.
This is for all of my no sew friends. Yes, YOU can do this.

Here's a tutorial on how to make a small pillow. You do the same thing for a bigger pillow or a blanket..... so easy!

You will need some fleece fabric. You will need 2 layers stacked.
You will also need some good scissors. Cut the shape a few inches larger than you want the final project to be. This gives extra fabric for the ties. 
Cut a square out of the corners. Then cut your strips for the ties as seen below. 
Do not stress this... this is a forgiving project.

Add your pillow form. I used 2 hand towels because I decided to do this tutorial at the last minute... Tie the corners.

 I suggest that you find a comfy seat and tie all the way around the pillow. Tie them very tight (in a knot) so you don't see your pillow form. 

Now you have the cutest pillow ever. I LOVE the texture. So much more fun than a boring old sewn pillow. For those of you who are very crafty (Danni) you could decorate the front.

I also made a blanket. First, I washed and dried the fleece so that I'd be able to wash this in the future. I didn't measure. I just cut the width of my scissors all the way around. Sadly, I had to sit on the floor to cut and tie this all the way around.... I'm too old for this.
 Ibuprofen was needed.

I LOVE my new pillows and blanket. See my tootsie roll bolster? I just rolled some fabric around my pillow and tied the ends. I'll remove it after Christmas. Quick and easy!

I have enjoyed decorating this Christmas more than any other. I think I might have found my Christmas decorating style?? 
This is random, I have to paint the french doors this coming year. I'm itching to paint them black even though white is the obvious color... we will see. 

I have a few more projects to show you. Some odds and ends. I hope to finish up my decorating this week. I hope you'll come back to visit. 
I hope you were inspired!
Thank you so much for stopping by Thrift My House.
Sharing with: My Thrift Store Addiction
Ivy and Elephants

26 comments:

  1. I'm really loving the red touches Sherry, and those pillow are fabulous. How fun and sooo easy! I'm still in love with the 3 wise men on your mantle. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea, Sherry! What an easy way to add fun pillows for the holiday. The shot of your tree and mantel in the background is sooo pretty!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that was really easy! Love your trick with the towels. All of your red and white together looks so festive in your house! Beautiful job, Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry, I love your new easy to do things. So pretty. I did do a throw of buffalo plaid last year ans made a couple pillows...now I wish I had tied them as you did. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. It certainly is looking a LOT like Christmas at your place, Sherry! I love these cute fleece pillows and throws. A few of years back I think I made everybody in the world one of them...lol! They are always warm and comfortable and never go out of style :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! My Mom has made the blankets before, but I never thought of making a pillow in the same way. Wish I had seen this before I sewed Christmas pillows for my living room! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just too beautiful Sherry, it all looks so perfectly Christmas and no sew....awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea for non-sewers, Sherry. Those pillows and that throw are perfect! AND easy enough for anyone to do! You room looks beautiful! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do sew, but don't really enjoy it! I love your fleece pillows and they look so cozy! I have a few cable knit sweaters that I want to make pillow covers with but I have not been in the mood to drag out the sewing machine and do it! Maybe this weekend! I just love your home.....beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a new follower and I love your Christmas decor! Come on over and see mine. XX Jo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, you home your home and decor are beautiful. Wow! I've been wanting to learn out to do this. This is great. I'm so excited. This is going to be my next project. Fun! It is great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great project Sherry. They look so cozy and so easy! Love your Christmas decor....just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Paint the doors black...it would look awesome! Maybe you could do it tomorrow since you have so much time on your hands? !! LOL You are busy, busy, busy. These pillows and throws are so fun to make- my kids loved making them. Boy, the red is bringing joy to blogland this year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sherry, I love, love, love your pillows! Did I mention I love them? :) You are so great! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sherry, this is outstanding and I love your pillows. Such a perfect touch on your sofa and what a difference it makes pulling the whole look together. I have done no sew pillows before but they were not like this and I love it so much better. Mine were the envelope tied centers but not easy to stay together.
    I will be trying this for sure. The ideas are endless. Love the tootsie roll too.
    Your home is gorgeous and your are one talented girl. I am imagining your doors painted black and I think it would be a real stunner and anchor to the room. Hey, it's only paint, don't like it, repaint right??

    Wishing you a creative day!
    Thanks for stopping by and your kind comments.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. OK, I'm one of those no sew people, so I pinned this. Do I have to also cut straight though?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, I love to sew, but those are so adorable and they look is soft and cozy . . . well I really appreciate this great idea. Thanks!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sherry! Your home looks so lovely. I'm missing our decorations and home right now. Living full-time in an RV is great, but, at the moment I miss home. This will be the 2nd Christmas in a row we have not been in our sticks and bricks house for the holidays. I have a few of our things here with us to decorate the trailer and have bought a few things to add to those. I'll be doing a post shortly of our Christmas Caravan! Hope you'll stop by. In the meantime,I am really enjoying visiting yours! Thanks!-Sue

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super Cute Sherry. I love your red and white. I made one of these actually for a baby shower gift and it was fun and easy. Everything is looking so pretty for Christmas at your house.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cozy and cute! Your home looks so festive--come link up at our Creating Christmas party! Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those look so cute! I don't sew so this would be a project for someone like me. Thanks for sharing the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are great! I made a blanket like this last year, it was fun but i tied my blanket at a table.

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great project Sherry...and so easy to make. Love it and love your very Chrismasy livingroom. Everything looks perfect.

    Hugs,
    ❤️Ana

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh these are beautiful Sherry - and you're a genius - I would never, not in a million years, thought of this.
    Pinning !
    And please please please go with black paint for those gorgeous doors !
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ha! Ha! I am behind on my blog reading and was saving this because I saw the "no-sew" title. You know that's me!! About spit my coffee out when you called me out on it too! LOL! I do love these pillows and the blanket too and I am going to get myself some fleece and give it a try! I think I'll even make a pillow for my sister-in-law. I know nothing about fleece, does it shrink? Is that why you washed it first? I'm going to find a good movie one day during this holiday season and make these!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Super cute and so easy!! Thanks!
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. If you are a new follower, please let me know so I can follow you back. I want to keep in touch.