Wednesday, May 21, 2014

New Corelle Dishes and an Open Cabinet Update

Like so many of you, I love white dishes. 

 A couple of years ago, I bought these dishes from Walmart.
I was so happy. They were cheap and they were perfect.

 A little over a year later, they looked like this. Gross. 
I guess you get what you pay for.

I did some research and decided to try Corelle.

And now that I've had them almost a year, I love them.
I have kids who load and unload the dishwasher and I can tell you that these dishes take tons of daily punishment! 
Not one broken, cracked or scratched. 

 They don't take up much room. I'm not sure why I'm only showing 6 large bowls here. I have 12. I took these pictures last summer.

 I still like my open cabinets. Remember, I took the doors off a while back in hopes to lighten up my dark kitchen. 

This is how my cabinets look today. Less busy. 
I'm surprised how easy it's been to keep them neat.
Even the kids take more care when putting the dishes away.

I like changing things up and open cabinets is a great way to feed that need! Plus it gives me somewhere to put random thrift store finds. 
Have you tried Corelle dishes?
(No,they didn't pay me for this, oh, how I wish they would)

Thank you for stopping by
Thrift My House!




5 comments:

  1. I've had white Corell for years and they look just as good as the day I got them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry, I love my white Corelle dishes! They look great no matter what color or theme my table is that month! I packed up my heavy dishes because my wrists were starting to hurt when I set the table or loaded or unloaded the dishwasher. Problem solved with my light weight dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We use plain white Corelle and love it. We've gotten a lot of extra pieces at the Kitchen outlets when we travel. I even found lids that work on the cereal bowls. We use the sandwich plates more than anything else! And they last forever! You've got a great collection! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kitchen is wonderful! I've never had Corelle dishes but everyone I know that has them loves them. I've noticed how they stack easily and take up very little space. Plus, it's hard to break them - what a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just got some white Corelle dishes at the thrift store. There are enough large plates, small plates and bowls for 8 people, and then some. $8. The reason we were looking is that we didn't have enough dishes to serve my daughter and her family who are coming for a long-distance visit. We wanted Corelle, but we couldn't afford it, so we were scouring the thrift stores for plates that we wouldn't mind if they got broken. We are the lucky ones!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. If you are a new follower, please let me know so I can follow you back. I want to keep in touch.