Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Top 10 Posts of 2015

Better late than never! I started the new year off with a cold and a sinus infection (UGH), so I'm a bit behind but I'm feeling better now. Here's one last look at last year.

I'm excited that my chicken wire dream catcher made 1st place in my top ten posts of 2015. 
I did a guest post for Tuula over at the Thrifty Rebel Vintage and it went viral!
Well... maybe not viral... but it was popular.

2nd place goes to this beach house sign that I made out of shims. This was also a guest post over at Silo Hill Farm. I wonder whatever happened to that chick Danni? I miss her!

Number 3 is this before-and-after thrift store furniture post. My daughter has enjoyed using this in her bedroom. It's not yellow anymore... but you assumed that, right?

My no-sew blanket and pillows made it to number 4. I posted this to Hometalk and it took off. I guess people really like no sew projects. I know I do!

This is by far my favorite project. Coming in at number 5 is my laundry room cabinet makeover. I did this a couple of years ago and I still love it! I haven't changed anything. 
It still works for me. 
I shared this project on Hometalk, and for a split second I was famous... Peter, I mean Christopher Knight tweeted about my cabinets. Sigh... What a second that was :)

Coming in at number 6 is how I organized and decorated the tops of my kitchen cabinets. These photos make me cringe... I really don't like the color of my cabinets so I filtered them to death... I should have left them alone... but hey, they made the top 10.

Number 7 belongs to the cardboard sign I bought at Dollar Tree. I attached it to a board, added some rope and wa-la... to my surprise, people were impressed.

Number 8 is great! For real... I shared our new washer and dryer. I think we've had them a little over 2 years now with no complaints whatsoever! Speed Queen is the brand! Google the reviews! The best old school washer and dryer you can buy. 

This was a fun project. My ginormous chalkboard made it in at number 9. 
Who doesn't love a chalkboard?!

Last but not least is my "How to Add More Veggies to Your Diet" post. This post comes in at number 10. I still love and use my spiral gadget.
And there you have it! My top ten of 2015. 
I'm looking forward to a new year! I hope you were inspired!
Thank you for stopping by Thrift My House.

Linking here

34 comments:

  1. Today I'm working on the tops of my kitchen cabinets...again. I'll be checking out your post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great top posts! Somehow, I'm not getting your feed so I'm off to sign back up. (Probably something I did...I'm so challenged, lol.) now to catch up! I hope you're feeling better.
    Hugs,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sherry, Happy New Year!! Great top posts my friend. You are an amazing inspiration. I love all that you do and share!! Wishing you all the best in 2016!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great top posts. Love how you have organized the laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are a great top 10, Sherry! My, I didn't realize I was blog buddies with someone so famous....I mean Christopher Knight, really??? How about shome pork chopsh...and appleshaush???? Do you remember that episode? LOL!
    Seriously, you are one talented lady and I need your organizational skills...BAD! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherry, you just keep having one great idea after another and you are so inspiring. Your ideas, projects and energy just makes your blog an A+ for all of us that follow you. Here's wishing you the very best new year ever!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are awesome!! What a great year you had and it included Peter Brady!! :-) I do hope you are feeling better! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl, You just inspire all of us!!
    Happy New Year...
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read all of those and they were all great! Congratulations on the second of fame...lol! That was really cool! Hope the new year is treating you well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great time to catch up---you are so creative and clever! And Peter liked your project...sigh. My first love!!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun looking back. Yes, you inspired me with many of your ideas.
    Thank you for sharing your creative juices. :-))
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Sherry, Happy New Year! Wow your were really busy over the year with all of your awesome projects. Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
    Enjoy the rest of the week.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your ideas are amazing and all of them turn out so pretty! Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sherry,
    I love your laundry room shelves, you're a woman with very creative ideas. I enjoyed this post of your top 10 from 2015. I discovered and started following your blog late in 2015 so this was a delight to see your favorites. Looking forward to all your new projects and shares in 2016.
    xoxo,
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great and creative year you had my dear friend. Cheers and here's to another awesome year.

    Hugs,
    ❤️Ana

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cool! I loved seeing all these great ideas!
    xo
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  17. I enjoyed seeing your recap of popular posts! i think the one of your cabinets organization was my favorite too. It's nice that you received recognition for it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I enjoyed seeing your recap of popular posts! i think the one of your cabinets organization was my favorite too. It's nice that you received recognition for it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. All great projects Sherry! I'm so pleased that your guest post project was # 1. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful, creative posts - I enjoyed seeing them! So inspiring! x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope you are feeling better.
    Great post.
    We have started off the year with
    crud too. Oh brother!

    Happy 2016!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your laundry room has always been one of my favorites. Seeing it again inspires me to try some of your ideas in our laundry room.

    Thanks for Sharing Your Cup!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think my favorite is the organizing of the laundry and repainting of the desk!!
    Happy New year!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the huge chalkboard...and everything else, too!
    Happy New Year!! Looking forward to what your creative mind comes up with in 2016!
    Debbie
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looking back is a fun way to encourage ourselves on just how much we really did accomplish! I love so many of your great projects! May you enjoy a wonderful weekend as you look forward to many more great things in 2016. Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  26. You definitely had a great year Sherry!! Congrats on going viral....but not being virusssssy.....that's definitely not a plus. Glad you are feeling better!!! Happy New Year to you and your family. Looking forward to seeing all of your creations and fantastic ideas of 2016!! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a creative, productive year you've had! I remember your daughter's pretty vanity--it may have been the first time I read your blog. Your laundry room is my favorite by far--it is fabulous! Thanks for sharing @Vintage Charm, pinning to our Features and Favorites board. p.s. I finally got a vegetti ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Looks like you had a great 2016!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Really great posts. Love your laundry room! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  30. These were all wonderful posts and I can see why they made the cut!
    Your dream catcher was ever so nifty, chicken wire is one of my loves too-but it can be a rascal when you have to cut it.
    Your creativity is very inspiring and a wonderful way to hit 2016 with zest-looking forward to the new projects you will be sharing this year!
    xo
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hey, lovely lady! Each post you highlighted is beautiful and unique. You know I love your chalkboard and I remember your sweet dream catchers that Tuula featured on her blog - I can see why they were popular because they are stunning! And speaking of Dani, I miss her too. I check her blog every now and then, but it's quiet....

    Anyway, this was a delightful post, my friend, and I loved seeing your pretty posts from 2015 again. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  32. OMG i am swooning over the dream catchers!
    XO Ellen from Ask Away
    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your laundry room cabinets are wonderful. I'm glad that they made you famous! How fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. If you are a new follower, please let me know so I can follow you back. I want to keep in touch.